DUAL MODE PLANNING CASE STUDY, ORANGE COUNTY. VOLUME 1: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND PLANNING ANALYSIS
The volume is one of five which document two separate planning case studies examining the feasibility of dual mode transit systems in (1) Orange County, California, and (2) Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The main objective of this case study was to provide feedback to dual mode system design efforts. Before the dual mode system development proceeded to large-scale demonstration and testing, cost, performance, and demand relationships needed to be investigated analytically so that efficient design characteristics and operating regimes could be prescribed. The study incorporated a full-fledged technical planning analysis in a real urban area assuming that the required dual mode vehicles and control systems were available. Supply and demand relationships were parameterized so that the impacts of variations in factors such as access/egress time, guideway speed, headways, fare level, vehicle size, etc., can be determined.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-180524. Prepared in cooperation with Dave Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA., DTM, Inc., Bethesda, MD., and VTM, Inc.
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Costinett, P
- Hansen, W G
- O'Doherty, J
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 211 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Costs; Demand; Design; Dual mode transportation systems; Emergency vehicles; Fares; Feasibility analysis; Guideways; Performance; Public transit; Size; Supply; Systems analysis; Systems engineering; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: California; Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Public service vehicles; Supply economics
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00314065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-VA-06-0030-80-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-40029
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM