SPECIAL ADJUDICATION FOR ENFORCEMENT (SAFE). EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The Special Adjudication for Enforcement (SAFE) Project was designed to demonstrate the feasibility of using informal parajudicial hearings for adjudication of non-mandatory moving traffic violations (those offenses not requiring mandatory appearance in court). The SAFE procedures were intended to simplify the administrative tasks associated with the traditional arraignment/trial process. Evaluation based on fifteen months of operations has indicated that the project was easily and quickly incorporated into the existing District Courts system and reduced the administrative and judicial burden on the courts. The SAFE Project was continued with local funds after the NHTSA demonstration project was concluded.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-179872. Report on King County District Courts. Also available as set of 3 reports PC E08, PB80-179856.
Washington State Off of the Admin for the CourtsTemple of Justice
Olympia, WA United States 98504
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Adjudication; Courts; Demonstration projects; Evaluation; Hearings; Law enforcement; Traffic regulations; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws; Violations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (State)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00314062
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-304, Annual Report
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-343-3-682
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 2002 12:00AM