ASSESSMENT OF THE PHASE I MORGANTOWN PEOPLE MOVER SYSTEM
This assessment describes the installation and operation of Phase I of the Morgantown People Mover System at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia. A detailed description of the technical subsystems is included as well as a review of performance, reliability, maintainability, and cost. A system implementation history is also provided. Where important, the review of technical subsystems includes applicability, modifications, and/or improvements for application in an urban environment. Information and data presented were collected through surveys of the literature, site visits, a visit to the manufacturer, interviews with site and manufacturer's personnel, site measurements, reviews of operating and maintenance logs, and compilations generated by the manufacturer, the operator, and the U.S. Department of Transportation. A draft of this report has been reviewed by the operator, the manufacturer, and UMTA. Their comments have been incorporated where it has been possible to do so without compromising the objectivity of the assessment.
- Prepared in cooperation with SNV Studiengesellschaft Nahverkehr mbH, Hamburg (Germany, F.R.).
Lea (N. D.) and Associates, IncorporatedWashington, DC USA
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Elms, C P
- Meritt, H
- McGean, T
- Cooke, F
- Bamberg, W
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 273 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Costs; Life cycle costing; Maintainability; Maintenance management; People movers; Performance evaluations; Public opinion; Rapid transit; Reliability; Safety; Systems engineering; Technology assessment; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); West Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00314051
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0157-79-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 5 1982 12:00AM