PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS HELD AT BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA ON AUGUST 6-9, 1979. VOLUME 2D: ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION; PRESENT AND FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS OF INTERACTIONS BETWEEN AUTOMOBILES AND TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
Contents: Measures of effectiveness for urban traffic management; Capacity and quality of flow on urban arterials; Traffic data collection system for the Belgian motorway network - measures of effectiveness aspects; Effectiveness of freeway traffic control systems with respect to environmental protection; Simulation and assignment of traffic in urban road networks; A microscopic discrete-event time-oriented traffic simulation model for a two-lane highway network; Assessment of integrated traffic control systems in downtown areas by a complex simulation model; A simulation model for signalized intersections; Computer-aided design and evaluation of traffic systems; Scope and limitations of analytical models in optimising traffic control in urban streets; Development of a dynamic traffic assignment model of urban street networks; Route choice and traffic control in central urban areas; The comprehensive automobile traffic control system--a look at the future; Interactions between automobiles and traffic control systems; On-board logic for interaction with traffic control systems; and criteria for planning interactive traffic control systems.
- See also Volume 2C, PB80-180706. Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C. Also pub. as ISSN-0192-4117.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Federal Highway Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 278 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Automobiles; Central business districts; Computer aided design; Conferences; Evaluation; Freeways; Highway capacity; Highway traffic control; Highway transportation; Intersections; Mathematical models; Measures of effectiveness; Meetings; Networks; Roads; Route choice; Simulation; Streets; Traffic assignment; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic flow; Traffic simulation; Transportation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Effectiveness; Road networks; Transportation models
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00314024
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCB-ITS-P-79-7
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM