PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS HELD AT BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA ON AUGUST 6-9, 1979. VOLUME 2C: DRIVER COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION
Contents: A simulator study of driver reaction to metric speed signs; A highway guide sign evaluation method; Toward more efficient low volume intersection control; Requirements of drivers and road operational services concerning road information; Evolution and use of hazard warning signs on the New Jersey Turnpike; Advance warning at railroad grade crossings; The effectiveness of regulatory school flashers in reducing vehicle speeds; Effectiveness of speed control signs in rural school zones and small communities; Evaluation of a rural motorist information and diversion system; An aspect of the determination of the most useful real-time traffic condition information for urban motorway users; Traffic guidance and information systems for motorway networks--strategy and application; and Development of a dynamic changeable message sign system for freeway-to-freeway diversion.
- See also Volume 2B, PB80-180698, and Volume 2D, PH80-180714. Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC. Also pub. as ISSN-0192-4117.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 244 p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Driver information systems; Drivers; Driving simulators; Evaluation; Hazards; Highway traffic control; Highway transportation; Information systems; Intersections; Low volume roads; Measures of effectiveness; Meetings; Metric system; Motor vehicles; Railroad grade crossings; Railroads; Reaction time; Rural areas; Speed; Speed control; Speed limits; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic speed; Urban transportation; Warning signs; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver reaction; Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00314023
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCB-ITS-P-79-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM