PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS HELD AT BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA ON AUGUST 6-9, 1979. VOLUME 2B: CONTROL EQUIPMENT
Contents: The Northeast New Jersey route guidance; S.C.A.T. The Sydney co-ordinated adaptive traffic system - philosophy and benefits; Hampton roads traffic surveillance and control system; Signal systems without cables; On-line vehicle classification; An in-vehicle information system for drivers; The integrated motorist information system--an examination of three tradeoff studies; Highway advisory radio; The use of a CB radio-to-telephone interconnect for motorist aid communications; A sensor for control of arterials and networks; Function, equipment and field testing of a route guidance and information system for drivers; Automatic vehicle identification--tests and applications in the late 1970s; Transit vehicle fleet information and on-line management; and Automatic vehicle monitoring--a tool for vehicle fleet operations.
- See also Volume 2A, PB80-180680, and Volume 2C, PB80-180706. Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC. Also pub. as ISSN-0192-4117.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 312 p.
- TRT Terms: Adaptive control; Automatic vehicle identification; Automatic vehicle monitoring; Communication systems; Conferences; Driver information systems; Emergency vehicles; Fleet management; Highway traffic control; Highway transportation; Information systems; Meetings; Radio; Route guidance; Television; Traffic control; Traffic engineering; Traffic surveillance; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Public service vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00314022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCB-ITS-P-79-5
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM