PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS HELD AT BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA ON AUGUST 6-9, 1979. VOLUME 2A: KEYNOTE ADDRESSES; CONCEPTS AND STRATEGIES
Contents: A local traffic control policy which automatically maximizes the overall travel capacity of an urban road network; Capacity and timing calculation methods for signalized intersections; A new method of traffic-responsive control of traffic signals; Algorithms for the computer control of urban traffic; Assessment by observation and by simulation studies of the interest of different methods of bus preemption at traffic lights; Strategic concepts in residential neighborhood traffic control; A systematic approach to the derivation of driver information requirements in work zones; Current research in planning work zone traffic control; Advance treatment of no-passing zones for safety; Strategies and effectiveness of traffic control systems on freeways in the Federal Republic of Germany; Self-sufficient control of speed on freeways; Reducing travel time by freeway ramp metering especially when peak traffic demand exceeds corridor capacity; Automatic incident detection; and Incident detection in Europe.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-105091, and Volume 2B, PB80-180698. Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC. Also pub. as ISSN-0192-4117.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA USA 94720
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 320 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Bus priority; Conferences; Demand; Freeways; Highway capacity; Networks; Peak hour traffic; Residential areas; Roads; Signalized intersections; Traffic control; Traffic safety; Traffic signal timing; Traffic simulation; Traffic speed; Transportation corridors; Travel time; Urban areas
- Candidate Terms: Road networks
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00314021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UCB-ITS-P-79-4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM