AGT AESTHETICS: A HANDBOOK FOR PLANNING AND DESIGN OF AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT (AGT) SYSTEMS
The Handbook presents (1) a broad range of aesthetic problems and opportunities which the designer or local official is likely to encounter in planning for an AGT system and identifies planning and design responses to these problems and opportunities; (2) describes planning and design tools and resources available to the users of this book; (3) contains descriptions of the various techniques that can be used to analyze the aesthetic effects of AGT systems; (4) describes techniques for organizing and presenting these data to community residents, business people, and local officials; and (5) references other reports that may assist the user in identifying and responding to aesthetic concerns.
- Prepared in cooperation with Cambridge Systematics, Inc., MA.
Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill334 Boylston Street
Boston, MA USA 02116
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Architecture; Automated guideway transit; Bibliographies; Design; Environmental engineering; Guideways; Handbooks; Public opinion; Railroad bridges; Rapid transit; Sociometrics; Structural design; Technology assessment; Urban development
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Guideway design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00314006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IT-06-0165-79-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70008
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1982 12:00AM