DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. STATISTICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE DYNAMIC EFFECTS MEASURED ON BRIDGES
This report gives the results of a statistical investigation of the dynamic effects recorded on bridges during tests carried out by the D 23 Committee, and during several high speed tests on the Administrations. The first part of the report gives a general description of the methods used and describes the successive stages of the study. The statistical investigation relates only to the dynamic effects due to locomotives without hammer-blow (i.e. electric or diesel locomotive). This has resulted in a number of regressions characterising the absolute or relative dynamic effects. The final regressions obtained for the prestressed concrete and the steel bridges are practically identical. They express the relative dynamic effect as a function of the vibratory behaviour of the bridge. The final regression obtained for the rail-bearers and cross-girders is expressed only as a function of the parameter having the greatest influence on the dynamic effect, namely, the running speed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Dynamic tests; Girder bridges; Metal bridges; Statistical analysis; Steel bridges; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Cross girder bridges; Question d23
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 15/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM