DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. TESTS FOR THE COMPARISON OF BRIDGES OF DIFFERENT TYPES (STEEL BRIDGES AND COMPOSITE STEEL-CONCRETE BRIDGES
The D 23 Specialist Committee has published a number of Interim Reports which contain the results of tests conducted on different conventional types of bridge. In accordance with the code of practice ('Directives') set out in RP 2, the bridges included in these series were single-span structures of conventional design. This did not, however, give any information on the dynamic effects on skew bridges or bridges of special type, of which large numbers exist in the different countries. The D 23 Specialist Committee's programme of work also provides for series of tests to be conducted on some of these bridges. A detailed report on each bridge tested was made for the bridges of the usual type, although not published by ORE. However, a report was prepared for each series of bridges giving the test results, which was published as an ORE report. Detailed reports were also compiled on the tests made on bridges of special type and on skew bridges, but these were not published by ORE. The objects of this report are to: summarise, chiefly in the form of diagrams, the results of the tests made on bridges of a special type and on skew bridges, and compare the dynamic effects recorded on these bridges with those recorded on similar bridges of the more conventional type.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Dynamic tests; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d23
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052845
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 14/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM