IMPROVING RURAL TRANSPORTATION: THE SECTION 18 PROGRAM OF THE SURFACE TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1978
The report describes the role community action agencies (CAA's) can play in improving rural public transportation services, with specific emphasis on the Section 18 rural transportation grant program. The report discusses application procedure, labor protection requirements, matching requirements, provisions for the elderly and handicapped and implementation strategies. Appendices include a description of the White House rural transportation initiative, the standard labor protection warranty, a list of state contacts, and the emergency regulations for the Section 18 program.
Community Services Administration1200 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Communities; Federal assistance programs; Grant aid; Implementation; Labor relations; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Regulations; Rural areas; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Strategy
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00313966
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/I-80-11 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM