PASSENGER SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE SERVICES IN AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT. VOLUME I. DATA COLLECTION, SCENARIOS, AND EVALUATION
The major objective was to produce a guidebook detailing the most effective methods and procedures for the accommodation of Systems Safety and Passenger Security. The primary intent of this document is to provide guidance associated with abnormal occurrences that have an impact on routine passenger services or safety. The report discusses literature and personal interview findings documenting methods and procedures for detecting and resolving Passenger Safety and Convenience Service (PS&CS) problems in current transit operations; scenarios depicting potential PS&CS problems applicable to the AGT systems; selection of methods and procedures from current practices for detecting and resolving PS&CS problems in AGT; analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of selected candidate methods and procedures; and recommended methods and procedures for accommodating PS&CS problems in AGT.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 2, PB80-167067.
Vought CorporationSystems Division, P.O. Box 5907
Dallas, TX United States 75222
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dauber, R L
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Guidelines; Human factors; Level of service; Manuals; Passenger security; Passengers; Rapid transit; Safety; Safety engineering; Security; Transportation safety; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger safety; Services
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00313962
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-79-48-IFinal Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1314-1
- Files: NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1982 12:00AM