DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. TESTS ON THE REDUCED SCALE MODEL AND COMPARISON WITH THE RESULTS OBTAINED ON THE OERLIKON BRIDGE. TEXT AND APPENDICES
The report gives the results of studies on a model simulating the existing Oerlikon bridge. This bridge formed the subject of tests described in Report No. 9 "Single track pre-stressed concrete bridges". The first part of the present report contains a detailed description of the model bridge and model vehicles used and defines the programme of tests. After recalling the law of similarity for speed by means of which the tests on the reduced scale model can be compared with the tests on the actual bridge, Specialists Committee D 23 gives the results of the study undertaken, namely: an analysis of the oscillations, an analysis of the influence of the different parameters on the dynamic effects, with representation of the measured results by means of regression curves, and an overall representation of the results of the measurements on the model, obtained by statistical calculations in the form of multiple linear regressions. The report next gives a summary of the results of the tests on the Oerlikon bridge and also a comparison of the results obtained on model 18 with those obtained on the Oerlikon bridge. It seems that the dynamic effects recorded on the model correspond satisfactorily to those observed on the real bridge simulated by the model.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-11
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Dynamic tests; Mathematical models; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d23
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM