Maintenance special report
Higher labor & parts cost drive up maintenance 5-7% in CY-2017 : although repair incidents were flat, other fleet-related maintenance expenses were up in calendar year 2017, primarily in labor rates and parts prices. PM costs were up around 3%, while replacement tire costs increased 5-10% -- Fleet preventive maintenance costs increase 3% in CY-2017 : extended oil-drain intervals have helped to offset increases in the cost of motor oil because of the expanded use of synthetic oils and cartridge oil filters. Higher labor rates in CY-2017 exerted upward pressure on PM costs -- Replacement tire costs increased 5-10% in CY-2017 : for the past four years, tire costs have been stable. But, new cost pressures have emerged in 2017, due to higher prices for the commodities use to manufacture tires an the trend to larger diameter, more expensive tires.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Title from head of page 18.
- ANTICH, MIKE
- Publication Date: 2018-3
- Features: Illustrations;
- Pagination: pages 18-30
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Costs; Maintenance; Vehicle fleets
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 01665436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Northwestern University Transportation Library
- Files: TLIB
- Created Date: Apr 2 2018 11:38AM