VERTICAL TRACK MODULUS: TEST RESULTS AND COMPARISON OF ANALYSIS TECHNIQUES
A vertical track response test was conducted at the AAR Track Structures Dynamic Test Facility. This test was intended to characterize the behavior of the track structure under increasing vertical loads. It was also intended to evaluate the different techniques available for the calculation of the vertical track modulus. The response of the track was obtained by monitoring track deflection under increasing vertical loads. This load and deflection data was then used to calculate vertical track modulus, track stiffness and track compliance. Three widely used techniques were used to calculate the vertical modulus.
- Record URL:
Chicago, IL United States 60616
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Choros, J
- Zarembski, A M
- Gitlin, I
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Elasticity (Mechanics); Laboratory tests; Loads; Rail (Railroads); Railroad tracks; Rolling contact; Stiffness; Test facilities; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Track stiffness; Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Stiffness methods; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313955
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-79-34 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30038
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1980 12:00AM