DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. PRESENTATION OF THE RESULTS OBTAINED ON METAL BRIDGES
In Interim Report No. 8 of the D 23 Speialists Committee the test results obtained from metal bridges were represented by a formula expressing the dynamic force as a function of the span only. In this formula, neither the stress due to the static live load, nor the speed are taken into account. New tests have meanwhile been made, expecially on bridges with high values of stress. Other measurements on rail- bearers and cross-girders of a certain number of bridges were made and are given in Interim Report No. 11. The study of all these values has allowed the D 23 Specialists Committee to propose new formulae, taking into account the three variables span, stress and speed. These proposals are the subject of this Interim Report, which is a continuation of Interim Report No. 8. The field of application of the formulae is strictly limited to the field studied during the tests, and these restrictions are indicated together with the formulae in the conclusion of this report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-6
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Bridge design; Bridges; Dynamic tests; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d23
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052842
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 12/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM