DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. RAIL BEARERS AND CROSS-GIRDERS. TEXT AND APPENDICES
During the presentation of the Programme of Work at the 47th meeting of the ORE Control Committee held in Utrecht in October 1963, the D 23 Specialists Committee had envisaged preparing an Interim Report dealing with the study of rail bearers and cross girders. This work is described in this report. A detailed description of the bridges belonging to the a Sub 3 and a Sub 6 series used for the tests and also that of the test trains has been given in Interim Reports Nos. 3 and 5 of the D 23 Specialists Committee. This Interim Report does not give any formula for the dynamic increment as a function of the span, the speed or the stress due to the static live load. The results of the tests described in this report have subsequently been used as a basis for the part "Rail bearers and cross girders" in Interim Report No. 12: "Presentation of the results obtained from steel bridges".
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1966-5
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Dynamic tests; Girder bridges; Stresses; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Cross girder bridges; Question d23
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 11/E Intrm. Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM