PROCEEDINGS OF THE FOREST SERVICE GEOTECHNICAL WORKSHOP HELD AT AMES, IOWA ON AUGUST 14-17, 1979
The Proceedings of the workshop included a variety of geotechnical topics: Monitoring of Subgrade Moisture and Density under Aggregate Surfaced Roads; Dust Abatement; Horizontal Water Wells; Foundation Design Guide; Petrographic Analysis of Aggregate; Soil Compaction and Timber Growth; Test Procedure for Determining Cementaceous Characteristics of Aggregates; Soil Cement; Gabions; Format and Checklist for Geotechnical Investigation of Low Volume Roads; Foamed Asphalt; Geotechnical Engineering and Mining; Evaluation of Mudflow-Landslide Hazard Analysis; Sedimentation Yield Model; Retaining Wall Design Guide; Geotechnical Work Standards; Geotechnical Training Opportunities; Regional Factors for AASHTO Design Method; Open Graded Emulsion Mixes; Aggregate Surfacing Requirements; Pavement Strengthening; Surfacing Condition Surveys; Piling Design; Comparison of Pavement Design Models; FHWA Project 5-M; AASHTO Manual on Subsurface Investigation; Draft Specifications for Geotextiles; Mechanistic Approach to Pavement Design for Aggregate Surfacing; Forest Service Questionnaire on Aggregate Surfacing; Equipment and Methods for Deflection Based Structural Evaluation of Pavements; Road Maintenance Management; Surfacing Condition Survey; a Data Base for Aggregate Surfaced Roads.
- Available Microfiche only because of poor quality.
US Forest Service1400 Independence Avemue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 472 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Building materials; Conferences; Forest roads; Forests; Geotechnical engineering; Landslides; Meetings; Mining; National parks; Nondestructive tests; Parks; Pavements; Paving; Roads; Soil stabilization; Soil water; Subgrade (Pavements); Technology assessment; Technology transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Subgrade moisture
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Education and Training; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I42: Soil Mechanics;
- Accession Number: 00313901
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EM-7170-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM