DETERMINATION OF DYNAMIC FORCES IN BRIDGES. PROVISIONAL PROPOSALS FOR THE DETERMINATION OF THE DYNAMIC FORCES IN THE METALLIC BRIDGES
The results of the measurements of stresses produced by the passing of test trains at various speed stages over 17 metal single track bridges and spans ranging between 2.85 and 60.30 m have enabled the D 23 Specialists Committee to propose a formula for dynamic stress calculation. The hyperbolic enveloping curve proposed has it field of application limited to spans exceeding 4.00 m. It should however be remembered that this curve concerns results obtained at speeds below 150 km/h and a range of static stresses limited to values not exceeding 832 kg/cm squared.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridge design; Bridges; Defects; Dynamic tests; Stresses; Structural design; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d23; Wheel flat spots
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D23/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM