A STUDY OF EMISSIONS FROM PASSENGER CARS IN SIX CITIES. VOLUME A
This is the first of two volumes presenting results from a series of exhaust emission and fuel economy tests performed on a representative sample of vehicles in six U.S. cities. Data presented in the following sections are generated in appendix form as part of a contract with the EPA to perform work for the FY 77 Passenger Car Emission Factor Program. Volume A includes a technical discussion of test and data handling procedures, laboratory facility descriptions, and test instrument maintenance and calibration practices. Pertinent data concerning vehicle sample composition and results of Federal Test Procedure, Highway Fuel Economy and Federal Short Cycle Tests are also presented.
Automotive Testing Laboratories, IncorporatedNew Carlisle, IN United States
Environmental Protection AgencyEmission Control Technology Division, 2565 Plymounth Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Bejma, T C
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 868 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Diesel engines; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Fuel injection; Maintenance; Performance evaluations; Sampling; Spark ignition engines; Standards; Tables (Data); Test procedures; Urban areas
- Geographic Terms: Arizona; Colorado; Illinois; Missouri; Texas; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313876
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-460/3-78-011-A Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-2593
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM