STATUS ASSESSMENT OF TOXIC CHEMICALS: BENZENE
Benzene is one of the most ubiquitous organic chemicals, widely employed as a solvent, as a fuel component, and for the synthesis of other organic chemicals. This report details the emission of benzene from industrial sources and from the largest source of all, the operation of motor vehicles. Descriptions of the health hazards of benzene exposure are included, and both current and anticipated regulations are listed. The report is concluded with recommendations of areas for further study.
- Also available in set of 15 reports PC E99, PB80-146293.
Monsanto Research Corporation1515 Nicholas Road
Dayton, OH United States 45407
Industrial Environmental Research LaboratoryCincinnati, OH United States
- Ochsner, J C
- Blackwood, T R
- Zeagler, L D
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Assessments; Benzene; Charts; Chemical industry; Chemical properties; Combustion; Design; Economics; Environment; Exhaust gases; Forecasting; Hazards; Health; Industrial wastes; Manufacturing; Motor vehicles; Organic compounds; Physical properties; Pollution control; Public health; Regulations; Solid wastes; Surveys; Technology; Toxicity; Water pollution
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion products; Environmental surveys; Process charting
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Highways; Law; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313841
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-600/2-79-210D Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-2550
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM