HULL PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT MODEL (HPAM). VOLUME II: TECHNICAL REPORT OF ANALYTICAL RESULTS
Two types of analyses were performed using the HPAM computer program. First, baseline comparisons of typical and optimized hull surface management practices were developed for three representative ship types: a C4 break bulk ship, a C8 container ship, and a T8 tanker. Second, sensitivity analyses were performed in which the key ship design, operational, and economic parameters applicable to the baseline comparisons were varied individually to determine their relative contributions to the baseline results. These parametric sensitivity analyses serve two purposes: (1) to demonstrate that the optimum hull surface management practices identified by the HPAM program for a particular application do not vary over the uncertainty range of assumed data items; (2) to generalize the results obtained from the baseline comparisons to a broader spectrum of ship operating profiles.
- Also available in set of 4 reports PC E13, PB80-145808.
Santa Fe Corporation4660 Kenmore Avenue
Alexandria, VA United States 22304
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Malone, J A
- ALLMAN, M
- Publication Date: 1980-1
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Assessments; Cleaning; Computer programs; Economic analysis; Equipment maintenance; Fuel consumption; Hulls; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Management; Mathematical models; Optimization; Planning; Profits; Protective coatings; Simulation; Surfaces; Transportation operations; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Management systems; Ship hulls; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Hull cleaning); Economic analysis (Hull maintenance); Hull cleaning; Hull maintenance; Hull surfaces
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00313837
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-80016 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DO-A01-78-00-3055
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM