JOINT DEVELOPMENT: MAKING THE REAL ESTATE-TRANSIT CONNECTION
The purpose of this report is to inform new and potential participants in joint development (JD) of the financial, legal, organizational, and operational aspects of the deals involved in the implementation of JD projects. Basically, this book is designed for use by decision-makers and practitioners in the land use and development fields, by those in both the public and private sectors who are responsible for planning and implementing JD projects. Through case studies, this report reviews the planning and deal-making involved in the execution of seven major projects in five cities in the United States and Canada (Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Montreal, and Toronto). The case studies include reactions from developers and transit authorities and recommendations on improvements to the JD process from transit planning and physical design stages through construction to the operation of the projects.
- See also Executive Summary dated Jul 79, PB80-163454.
Urban Land Institute1200 18th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 345 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Development; Joint development; Joint use; Land use; Passenger terminals; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Real estate development; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air rights
- Geographic Terms: Boston (Massachusetts); Philadelphia (Pennsylvania); Toronto (Canada)
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint facilities; Passenger stations
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00313664
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0183-79-1Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1982 12:00AM