BARRIERS TO THE DIFFUSION OF INNOVATION IN THE TRANSIT INDUSTRY
The report is designed to establish an understanding of the problems facing the transit community today regarding innovation and its potential for improving transit performance. The report examines in detail twelve major barriers to diffusion of innovation, the impacts of these barriers on one another, and their effects on various classes of innovation.
- Prepared in cooperation with ATE Management and Service CO., Arlington, VA.
Smith and Howard Associates, Incorporated1735 I Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20006
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Smith, I P
- Einstein, N
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Constraints; Financing; Government funding; Grant aid; Implementation; Innovation; Level of service; Productivity; Public transit; Rapid transit; Technological forecasting; Technological innovations; Technology; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers; Services
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00313628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-I-80-5 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1981 12:00AM