CARLOAD WAYBILL STATISTICS, 1978: TERRITORIAL DISTRIBUTION, TRAFFIC AND REVENUE BY COMMODITY CLASSES. STATEMENT TD-1 (1978)
The 1978 Railroad Carload Waybill Statistics presented in this publication have been compiled from a sample of audited revenue waybills submitted to the Federal Railroad Administration by 85 railroads under the terms of the Interstate Commerce Commission's (ICC) Order 49 C.F.R. Sec. 1244. The statistics documenting rail movements tabulated herein for 1978 were derived from a total of 136,413 waybills, 45,010 EM-5 documents and 2,422 multiple car movement documents resulting in 208,941 carloads. To provide a basis for comparison, the sample statistics have been compared with the Freight Commodity Statistics (QCS) compiled by the ICC. These comparisons are stated in the tabulations at the two-digit commodity level. (See section VI. C. for a description of the calculation procedure for these comparisons).
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 211 p.
- TRT Terms: Carloadings; Commodities; Computer programming; Economic conditions; Exports; Freight transportation; Imports; Origin and destination; Piggyback transportation; Railroad transportation; Regions; Revenues; Statistics; Tables (Data); Traffic; Waybills
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity statistics; Economic surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00313618
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM