EVALUATION OF APPLICABILITY OF INSPECTION/MAINTENANCE TESTS ON A CHEVROLET CITATION
This report presents testing results which were gathered to determine the suitability of existing I/M testing scenarios on a Chevrolet Citation with a computer based emission control system. This car had a micro-processor based three-way catalyst control system. After suitable baselines were established, various components were made inoperative in the emission control system. Complete FTP, HFET, New York City Cycles, and I/M tests were run for each vehicle condition. This report presents the measured data taken during the tests.
Environmental Protection AgencyTechnology Assessment and Evaluation Branch
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48105
- Penninga, T J
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Automobiles; Catalytic converters; Control devices; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Inspection; Maintenance; Microprocessors; Motor vehicles; Test procedures; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Exhaust emission control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313519
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-AA-TAEB-80-6 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM