AUTOMATIC WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS. RESEARCH AND TESTS OF METHODS FOR THE VISUAL WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS AT NIGHT AND IN TUNNELS. CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The report presents a summary of the possibilities of the visual warning of maintenance gangs at night and in tunnels of the approach of trains. It contains recommendations on this subject, which are based on research and tests carried out in practical operating conditions and also take into account the existing knowledge concerning the physiology of vision.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Flashing traffic signals; Lighting; Lighting equipment; Maintenance of way; Maintenance personnel; Warning signs; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flashing lights
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic warning systems; Question a124; Visual warning systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052824
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A124/RP 6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM