AUTOMATIC WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS. ENQUIRY CONCERNING THE STATE OF PROGRESS AND THE TYPE OF SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT USED BY THE MEMBER ADMINISTRATIONS OF ORE FOR THE AUTOMATIC WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS
This report contains a description of the documents prepared by the Managerial Committee Way and Works of the UIC with a view to the development of an "Automatic warning device for track maintenance gangs". A brief description is given of the "automatic warning devices for track maintenance gangs" already known and used by the Administrations, and their respective advantages and disadvantages are assessed. To complete this survey and to define the Programme of Work for the development of a uniform technical solution, a questionnaire has been drawn up, dealing separately with existing equipment and new equipment to be developed. Replies of the Administrations are given in tabular form, and additional remarks are commented on in the text. The conclusions drawn were used to prepare the Programme of Work. This and the timetable to be followed during the planned investigations are included in the report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Flashing traffic signals; Lighting; Lighting equipment; Maintenance of way; Maintenance personnel; Questionnaires; Standardization; Surveys; Warning signs; Warning systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flashing lights
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic warning systems; Question a124; Visual warning systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052823
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A124/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM