APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. INTERFERENCE FROM CHOPPER CONTROLLED LOCOMOTIVES: INVESTIGATIONS ON THE 1.5 KV SNCF SYSTEM
The report describes measurements obtained in 1971 and 1972 by the French National Railways (SNCF) with a chopper controlled test set with a nominal rating of 4,400 kW, consisting of the two CC 20002 and BB 9252 locomotives. The purpose of these investigations was to determine the conditions, under which high power chopper controlled tractive vehicles may be used in normal services without causing interference in signalling and telecommunicaitons installations. The tests, therefore, mainly covered chopper sets consisting of six individual out-of-phase choppers as well as the choice of frequencies used in starting and their influence on track circuits and open telecommunications lines. By suitable division of the fundamental frequency the frequencies required during starting can be fixed so that the chopper harmonics will not coincide with the track circuit frequency bands.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Choppers (Electricity); Communications; Electric locomotives; Electromagnetic interference; Signaling; Thyristors; Track circuits
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Choppers; Question a122
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052819
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 17/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM