PUBLIC OWNERSHIP OF RAILROAD FIXED PLANT: A RESTRUCTURING ALTERNATIVE
The document provides an objective look at the concept of public ownership of rail fixed plant. It defines the concept, cites examples of actual application, and explores the various forms which it could take in terms of railroad restructuring efforts in the U.S.
Reebie (Robert) and Associates, IncorporatedP.O. Box 1436, 200 Railroad Avenue
Greenwich, CT United States 06830
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ainsworth, D P
- Stone, P V
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Driver rehabilitation; Financial capital; Government funding; Joint use; Maintenance of way; Nationalization; Networks; Ownership; Planning; Problem solving; Property acquisition; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Right of way (Land); Transportation modes
- Identifier Terms: Southern Railway
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Cincinnati (Ohio); New England; Vermont
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint facilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00313255
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-7910 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-8176
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM