ACT-1: ADVANCED CONCEPT TRAIN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. SIMULATED DEMONSTRATION TEST REPORT
The Simulated Revenue Service Demonstration at the TTC consisted of two activities, namely: ACT-1 Operation and ACT-1 Maintenance. The simulated transit route was laid out on the UMTA Rail Transit Test Track at TTC--this route is a composite of routes in the originally planned demonstration cities. Every equipment malfunction that occurred was recorded for corrective action in the Vehicle Maintenance Log. The Maintenance Program used to support the ACT-1 cars during the Simulated Revenue Service Demonstration was based on the Maintenance Workbook Items accumulated during the initial test and adjustment running of the vehicles. The report concludes that the Simulated Revenue Service testing of the ACT-1 vehicle at the TTC demonstrated that the ACT-1 cars can be operated consistently with moderate maintenance support.
- Record URL:
- See also PB80-155286.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance; Acceptance tests; Failure; High speed rail; Maintainability; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Passenger cars; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Planning; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Acceptability
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced concept train; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10050-1 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-79-7
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM