ACT-1: URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM. ENGINEERING TEST OF ACT-1 VEHICLE AT TRANSPORTATION TEST CENTER
This document contains a description of the ACT vehicles as delivered to UMTA, including major changes incorporated during testing at the Transit Test Center (TTC), in Pueblo, Colorado, and the rationale for these changes. The test program is described in detail and results are presented for checkout, adjustment, engineering, and acceptance testing of the ACT vehicles. These vehicle tests include: (1) crash attenuation; (2) performance tests, i.e., acceleration, speed regulation, deceleration, power consumption, thermal duty cycle, slip/spin efficiency, ride quality data, and acoustics data. The instrumentation system description is included in the appendix. The test program results in confirmation of significant achievements in vehicle operating efficiency; technology advances in component design and integration; and of considerations for passenger safety, security, and comfort.
- Record URL:
- See also PB80-155294.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 455 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance; Acceptance tests; Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Crashworthiness; High speed rail; Instrumentation; Maintenance; Passenger cars; Performance evaluations; Performance tests; Propulsion; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Ride quality; Structural design; Urban transportation; Vehicle design; Vehicle power plants
- Identifier Terms: Transportation Technology Center
- Uncontrolled Terms: Acceptability; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Advanced concept train; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313251
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10054-1 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-79-6
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM