APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. ADDITION OF PSOPHOMETRICALLY WEIGHTED INTERFERING CURRENTS PRODUCED BY SEVERAL THYRISTOR-CONTROLLED A.C. TRACTIVE UNITS
This report contains an account of the measurements taken by several railway administrations (SJ, SNCF and DB) on lines electrified with a.c., to ascertain the extent to which interfering currents increase when several thyristor-controlled tractive units are used in a section fed from the same supply points. The tests which, independently of one another, were made on various systems (15 kV, 16 2/3 Hz and 25 kV, 50 Hz) showed that the addition of the psophometrically weighted interfering currents which arose in the overhead contact system when several thyristor-controlled tractive units had been running was almost vectorial in relation to the number of tractive units. In addition, the effects on existing telephone circuits were determined at the same time, the results measured being also included in this report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Electric locomotives; Electromagnetic interference; Signaling; Thyristors
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais; Statens Jarnvagar
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052818
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM