A COSTING METHODOLOGY FOR GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES; DETAILED FINDINGS
The interim report presents a summary of the current state-of-the-art procedures and methodologies used by five railroads to (a) plan and control Traffic and General Expenses and (b) apply such costs to freight transportation services. Particular emphasis is placed on those costing procedures and methodologies used in the general administrative services area.
- See also Volume 1, PB80-133234. Available Microfiche only because of poor quality.
Price Waterhouse and Company1801 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Whelan, J H
- Keller, P M
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Administrative procedures; Analysis; Budgeting; Capital investments; Cost allocation; Costs; Expenses; Finance; Freight transportation; Management; Operating costs; Planning; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Rates
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Administrative support; Allocations; Capitalized costs; Cargo transportation; Management planning; Rates costs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00313241
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OPPD-79-15 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-75167
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM