JOINT DEVELOPMENT REPORT
This report is a status report of joint development activity in cities across the nation, documenting research conducted between July 1976 and June 1979. This document is in three parts. Part One discusses legal, organizational, and procedural issues which were observed in the case study research documented in Part Two. Part Two is a status report of national joint development activities, current as of May 1979, and includes seven city summaries and 26 project case studies. Part Three presents brief status reports of 29 projects. This report also contains a public/private process chart which illustrates the steps necessary for joint development and an examination of the Transportation Corridor Development Corporation (TCDC). The city and project cases discussed in this report are presented in a case study format. Each study presents the kind and size of the project(s), the actors involved, a description of the area immediately surrounding the stop, and the contributions and payoffs of both the public and private sectors.
- Prepared in cooperation with Harmon (Robert J.) and Associates, Inc., Washington, DC. and Ross, Hardies, O'Keefe, Babcock and Parsons.
Rice Center for Community Design and Research400 Parkway Tower, 1929 Allen Parkway
Houston, TX United States 77019
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sharpe, C P
- Dixon, S
- Case, B
- Kurtzman, J
- Modisette, L
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; City planning; Commercial buildings; Coordination; Dwellings; Facilities; Joint development; Legal factors; Nationalization; Ownership; Private enterprise; Project management; Recreational facilities; Shopping centers; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00313230
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-TX-11-0006-80-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UMTA-TX-11-0006
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM