APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. EFFECT OF BOOSTER TRANSFORMERS ON THE MAGNITUDE AND PROPAGATION OF HARMONICS PRODUCED BY THYRISTOR CONTROLLED MOTIVE POWER UNITS
This report concerns various investigations made by the SJ for the purpose of reducing the electro-magnetic coupling between a.c. overhead contact systems and telecommunication circuits laid alongside the track. After as early as 1943/44 comparative tests were made with and without booster transformers in operation with conventional a.c. locomotives, the measurements in 1970/71 were made after the introduction of the thyristor controlled Rc 2 locomotive. The results show that the values of the induced weighted longitudinal electromotive force were considerably reduced when use was made of booster transformers.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Catenaries (Railroads); Communications; Electric locomotives; Electromagnetic interference; Signaling; Thyristors; Track circuits; Transformers
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: Statens Jarnvagar
- Old TRIS Terms: Booster transformers; Question a122
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052816
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM