AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING ASSESSMENT SYSTEM. VOLUME I: MASTER PRODUCT SCHEDULES
Volume I is part of a four volume set documenting areas of research resulting from the development of the Automotive Manufacturing Assessment System (AMAS) for the DOT/Transportation Systems Center. AMAS was designed to assist in the evaluation of industry's capability to produce fuel efficient vehicles. Through extensive research and synthesis of publicly available information, Master Product Timing Schedules were generated to portray, chronologically, current and future product changes and technological advances for each domestic auto (1975-85), light truck (1975-80) and selected import manufacturers (1975-80). The Schedules show (by make, model, and year): all new vehicle introductions, highlighting downsizing; styling changes; and significant technological advances in the areas of engines, transmissions, fuel metering, emission control and safety. Extensive notes and reference lists are tabulated to assist the researcher in obtaining additional information beyond that identified on the schedules.
- See also Volume 2, PB80-145642. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E19, PB80-145626.
Corporate-Tech Planning, Incorporated275 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA United States 02154
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Taylor, T J
- Cunningham, A R
- Iannelli, D A
- Isaccs, M C
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 240 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobile industry; Automobiles; Classification; Cost engineering; Design standards; Development; Emission control systems; Evaluation; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Industrial engineering; Industrial plants; Industries; Lead time; Manufacturing; Marketing; Motor vehicle industry; Product development; Production; Production control; Productivity; Research; Scheduling; Technological innovations; Transmissions; Trucks; Vehicle power plants; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313199
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-804-460 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1383
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM