TECHNICAL PROCEEDINGS OF THE ENERGY MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP, HELD AT CHICAGO, IL ON NOVEMBER 8, 1979
A report on the technical proceedings of the Federal Railroad Administration's Energy Management Workshop is presented. This first Energy Workshop concentrated on the use and reliability of train performance simulators. A review of research conducted by DOT and DOE in the area of rail fuel efficiency is presented.
- Prepared in cooperation with Department of Energy, Washington, DC., Transportation Systems Center, Cambridge, MA., and MITRE Corp., Bedford, MA.
Kearney (A. T.), IncorporatedAlexandria, VA United States
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic efficiency; Energy; Energy consumption; Freight transportation; Fuel consumption; Mathematical models; Meetings; Performance evaluations; Railroad trains; Railroads; Resistance (Mechanics); Train operations; Transportation operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy intensiveness; Train performance calculator; Train resistance
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00313194
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-80/18 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-9051
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM