APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. THEORETICAL INVESTIGATIONS TO DETERMINE THE DISTURBANCES OF SIGNALLING AND COMMUNICATION INSTALLATIONS CAUSED BY THYRISTOR-CONTROLLED LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers the investigations which were required to determine the relevant factors for enabling a theoretical calculation of interference to be made. An "influence model" was constructed consisting of the four principal elements: data transmitter, noise source, transmitting medium, and object of interference. These basic elements are more closely defined from the standpoint of reciprocal connections and inter-relationships, and mention is made of the difficulties of covering all the parameters. The methods so far adopted for determining the disturbances enable only certain questions of detail to be solved. It is therefore suggested that statistical methods be used. Further investigations will be required, however, in order to enable a method of solution to be formulated, and these are covered in an action scheme.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Electric locomotives; Electromagnetic interference; Mathematical models; Signaling; Thyristors
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052814
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM