VANGO ANNUAL REPORT, 1978-79
VANGO is a non-profit, government-funded corporation committed to the organization of commuter vanpools in Maryland. Its services eliminate the financial risk to companies and vanpoolers, simplify getting started and are provided at no cost to the users. The 1978-79 annual report describes the successful attainment of VANGO's goals of proving the feasibility and marketability of the third party leasing approach as well as of promoting the basic concept of vanpooling in general. VANGO's incredible growth rate of 636% has made the corporation the recognized leader in vanpool promotion in the United States.
- Sponsored in part by Maryland Dept. of Transportation, Baltimore, and Maryland Energy Policy Office.
VANGOLinthicum, MD United States
Baltimore, MD United States 21240
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Common carriers; Commuters; Coordination; Corporations; Costs; Feasibility analysis; Level of service; Marketing; Needs assessment; Passenger transportation; Project management; Promotion; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; User needs
- Geographic Terms: Maryland
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00313175
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BTL/VAN-79/01
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1981 12:00AM