EVALUATION OF SIGNAL/CONTROL SYSTEM EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY. TASK 3: STANDARDIZATION, SIGNAL TYPES, TITLES
This report analyzes and summarizes current signal types and associated aspects, titles and indications employed by U.S. Railroads over which Amtrak operates as well as by several foreign railroads. A review of the historical development of signal technology is presented. The report concludes with recommended standards for signal types, aspects, titles and indications.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with Dyer (Thomas K.), Inc., Lexington, MA., and Kentron International, Inc., Dallas, TX. See also Task 2, PB-299 891.
STV, IncorporatedGriffith Towers
Pottstown, PA United States 19464
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Taylor, S F
- Marshall, J F
- Schultz, C M
- Whalen, R B
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 358 p.
- TRT Terms: Cab signals; Control devices; History; Navigation lights; Operating rules; Railroad signals; Railroads; Recommendations; Regulations; Signal devices; Signaling; Signalization; Speed control; Standardization; Systems analysis; Technology; Traffic control
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Light signals; Signal aspects; Signal rules
- Subject Areas: History; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00313147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/39.3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-773-4236
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM