BEHAVIOUR OF THE PANTOGRAPHS AND THE OVERHEAD EQUIPMENT AT HIGH SPEEDS. STATIONARY CURRENT COLLECTION (1500 V DIRECT CURRENT)
The purpose of the tests were to determine the maximum current intensity which could be collected without any difficulty by a pantograph with two pans having contact strips of metallized carbon from an overhead contact system with two contact wires of 100 square mm cross section each. The tests are described and the conclusions given with an analysis of the results.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1963-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Electrical conductivity; Pantographs; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Osterreichische Bundesbahnen
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; High speed tests; Question a3
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052812
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A3/RP 8/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM