VEHICLE LONGITUDINAL CONTROL AND RELIABILITY PROJECT. A REVIEW OF AGT (AUTOMATED GUIDEWAY TRANSIT) COMMUNICATION SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY. PART B
This report assesses the current state-of-the-art. The review concentrates on the communication links used within the longitudinal control loop. It discusses the criteria for establishing data rate, and the major aspects of a communication system starting with the transmission media modulation techniques, followed by noise and error considerations. The review is concluded with a brief summary of data communication in existing AGT systems.
- See also Part A, PB80-114036.
Otis Elevator CompanyTransportation Technology Division, 11380 Smith Road
Denver, CO United States 80010
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Tech Development & Deployment, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Schumacher, P
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Data communications; Electric railroads; Electromagnetic interference; Headways; Multiplexing; Rapid transit; Signaling; Sound level meters; Technology assessment; Telecommunications; Time division multiplexing; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise analyzers; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00313120
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: OTIS-TTD-VLCR-065 Final Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0148-79-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-70048
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1982 12:00AM