GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES COSTING METHODOLOGY. REVIEW OF EXISTING COSTING PROCEDURES. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY WITH PRELIMINARY INTERPRETIVE COMMENTS
The report summarizes significant railroad industry practices relating to evaluating and controlling general administrative costs which were observed during visits to five railroads. Included in the report are preliminary interpretive comments concerning related costing procedures and methodologies. The observations and thoughts provided in this report will be further synthesized in a subsequent report which will address improved costing procedures and methodologies for G&A.
Price Waterhouse and Company1801 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
Federal Railroad AdministrationOffice of Policy and Program Development, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Whelan, J H
- Keller, P M
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Administrative procedures; Analysis; Budgeting; Cost control; Costs; Expenses; Finance; Information services; Information systems; Management; Railroads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Administrative support
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00313100
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-79-14 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-75167
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM