FUNDAMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS OF LIGHTNING PROTECTION, GROUNDING, BONDING, AND SHIELDING
This report provides theoretical derivations and theory associated with lightning protection, grounding, bonding, and shielding that show why specific details are important and must be taken into account by Headquarters and Regional Design Engineers when designing new facilities and equipment. Reasons why particular methods are best for providing effective lightning protection, grounding, bonding, and shielding are also included.
Washington, DC USA 20591
National Aeronautics and Space Administration600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20546
- Publication Date: 1978-7-28
- Pagination: 331 p.
- TRT Terms: Bonding; Building; Circuit breakers; Electrical equipment; Electrical grounding; Electrical resistivity; Electrodes; Electromagnetic interference; Facilities; Lightning; Protection; Radiation shielding; Safety; Safety equipment; Telecommunications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Protective equipment; Shielding
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuit protection; Ground currents; Protective devices
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00313095
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM