INFLUENCE OF GLAZED FROST AND HOAR FROST ON THE INSTALLATIONS AND ELECTRIC MOTIVE POWER UNITS. DE-ICING TESTS ON OVERHEAD CONTACT SYSTEMS
The present Report constitutes the final report for Question A59. It first contains a summary of the results of the three other Interim Reports. Next, it gives the results of the tests carried out regarding the treatment of overhead contact systems with protective coatings and de-icing by means of the generation of mechanical vibrations. In addition, the report describes the results of various service trials carried out by the A59 Specialists Committee during several winters. A special section has been devoted to the description of the various electric heating methods developed for the de-icing of overhead contact systems and the mechanical methods applied by the FS and the SZD. Finally, in the conclusions and recommendations, all the studies of the A59 Specialists Committee, including the former ones, are taken into account. As the present report constitutes the final report for Question A59, a brief survey of the contents of the previous Interim Reports is given in Section 1.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1967-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Antifreeze; Catenaries (Railroads); Cold weather; Deicing; Frost; Heating (Structures); Ice; Operations; Pantographs; Protective coatings; Railroads
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria); Ferrovie dello Stato; Nederlandse Spoorwegen; Norges Statsbaner; Osterreichische Bundesbahnen; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a59
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052807
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A59/RP 4/E Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM