VOID DETECTOR SYSTEM
The patent relates to an apparatus for non-destructively testing concrete which comprises a tri-wheel platform having a transducer mounted adjacent each wheel and mechanically coupled to the concrete to be responsive to vibration. An aperture is formed in the center of the platform equi-spaced from the three transducers. Vibrations are imparted to the concrete that emanate outwardly toward the transducers by manually striking the concrete through the center aperture with rubber tipped impact rod. The transducers generate electrical signals responsive to the amplitudes of detected vibrations which are a function of the structural continuity of the concrete. Electronic circuitry monitors the outputs of the transducers and makes comparison of the signals to determine whether a flaw exists in the concrete within the region bounded by the three transducers.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, DC 20231 $0.50.
Department of the Interior1849 C Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20240
- Gutierrez, M
- Enger, P F
- Publication Date: 1978-8-4
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Detectors; Nondestructive tests; Patents; Signal processing; Transducers; Vibrometers; Void ratios
- Old TRIS Terms: Void
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00312850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-931 069 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM