SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, GLENMONT ROUTE, SECTIONS B009, B010 AND B011, STATIONS 979+50 TO 1230+59. APPENDIX VOLUME
This Supplementary Report No. 2 on the subsurface investigation of three sections of Glenmont Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System, is presented in two parts, a main folio volume which contains the text, geological sections, boring logs, laboratory tests results and discussions regarding design and construction problems and this Appendix volume. The Appendix volume contains detailed backup information and original test data relating to the field pumping tests, rock unconfined compression tests, water pressure tests performed in rock in-situ, core orientation studies, rock hardness testing and the title page and certain excerpted pages from a series of references which are available through public sources or through WMATA. These latter provide background information to the investigation and the text of the Glenmont Route report.
- Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, DC. Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Washington, DC.
Mueser, Rutledge, Johnston and DeSimoneNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 126 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00312788
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRJD-79-163
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 2002 12:00AM