MAXIMUM SPEEDS ATTAINABLE ON WHEEL/RAIL SYSTEMS
The question was raised what maximum speed, considered merely from the technical angle, is attainable on the classical wheel/rail system, using adhesion for the transmission of the propulsive force. For the various elements values of the estimated maximum speeds are given, adapted from the available documents on the subject. Many theses and reports have already been published on this subject. Therefore, this report on preliminary studies does not claim to be exhaustive.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Adhesive strength; Dynamics; Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Speed; Speed limits; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Adhesion tests
- Old TRIS Terms: High speed tests; Maximum speed; Question s1004
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052802
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: S1004/RP 1/E Prelim Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM