AMTRAK'S INVENTORY AND PROPERTY CONTROLS NEED STRENGTHENING
Amtrak's inventory and property controls need strengthening to obtain maximum efficiency from Government funds invested in its assets. Amtrak does not have adequate assurances that it receives what it orders and pays for, or that its assets are protected and used only for authorized purposes. In addition, Amtrak's inventory records and property registers are inaccurate. In many cases, Amtrak has corrective action underway.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1979-12-29
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Assets; Economic efficiency; Federal assistance programs; Finance; Government funding; Inventory control; Investments; Management; Policy; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Records management
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies; Property investment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00312776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-80-13 Cong Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM